Integral planning and consultancy are our strengths
planeground provides specialised planning and consultancy services in all aspects of airport development.
Airports, as the focal points and hubs of air transportation, are where all traffic departs and arrives, where processes interlink, businesses connect and user interests collide in a concentrated and confined area. Taking this complex and multi-disciplinary environment into consideration, here at planeground we support our clients with independent and specialised expertise in order to successfully develop strategies and planning for their projects.
Airport development revolves around infrastructure, operation and commerce. We promote an integral planning approach that incorporates these key aspects at an early stage of each project. The overall consideration of functionality, profitability and sustainability forms the basis for us to develop targeted and balanced solutions for optimum project decision-making.
We develop functional concepts and plans for all relevant infrastructures and building facilities at and around airports. We advise on strategies and their phased implementation, ensuring minimum implications on operations and the environment.
We analyse flows and processes in and around airports to identify deficits and pinpoint potentials for improvement. Here the focus is on operational optimisation with the relevant infrastructural and technical adjustments in order to achieve maximum procedural efficiency.
We explore opportunities of commercial developments at airports and analyse their economic viability. We also offer consultancy support to assess a development’s environmental impact and feasibility:
- Traffic infrastructure: Runways, taxiways, aprons, road systems, multi-modal and public transportation routes.
- Handling facilities: Passenger terminals, cargo and logistics buildings, hangars, catering buildings, ATC towers, ground handling and airport maintenance facilities.
- Urban developments: Offices and services, business parks, retail and gastronomy concepts, hotels, congresses, event and leisure facilities, parking concepts.
- Air traffic operation: RWY system operations, taxiway circulation, aircraft turnaround, ground handling operations and airside traffic flows, A-CDM.
- Terminal operation: Passenger flows and processes, security requirements, baggage handling, airline operations, retail business, new technologies.
- Landside accessibility: Passenger and freight transportation, kerbside operations, supply and delivery flows, car parking, taxi, car rental and bus traffic, rail network connectivity and multi-modality.
- Airlines: Routes and connectivity, ground product development, lounge and premium facilities, reliable passenger handling, aircraft turnaround, efficiency of asset utilisation and management.
- Passengers: Retail, food & beverages, travel experience, comfort and leisure services, seamless travel chain processing, intuitive orientation, information services and advertisements, IT applications and products.
- Logistics and service industry: Ground and air transport connection, location attractiveness, business environment, investment incentives, labour, competition, product placement, customer orientation.
- Region: Macro-economic benefits, tourism, regional employment, socio-economic paybacks e.g. mobility, welfare, urbanity, noise and reducing environmental impact, improving living quality.